- One-country stamp collections of many countries, especially Europe, sold intact, plus stockcard and clearance lots, all for direct sale at attractive, competitive prices. Some are vendor lots from estates and existing clients.
- Stamps and postal history of Germany. Full range of normal stamps sold individually, plus specialised stamps and postal history.See our "Germany" website.
- Stamps and postal history of Austria. Full range of normal stamps sold individually, plus specialised stamps and postal history.See our "Austria" website.
- Revenue stamp catalogues and other philatelic literature for many countries, plus new listings of revenue stamps (free!) for collector information.
- Revenue stamps for direct sale of many countries, frequently changing stock.
Check the categories on the left and click to explore....
NEWS for JULY 2020
The Post Office remains open, it's business as normal for me, and of course stamps and literature are morale-boosting during these difficult weeks of isolation. Please expect slight delays in mail service for 2nd hand books, as I will only be doing essential and infrequent trips to our book storage unit in line with government recommendations, and the Post Office itself may be experiencing staff shortages. Order by phone or email where you can, at least that part will be instant!
Our long-awaited "British Commonwealth Revenues" came out recently, initial supply quickly sold out, but more have been printed. It is again in stock. 502 pages, 10th edition, substantially larger than previously, and many price changes throughout. To view details and buy a copy from the new print run, please CLICK HERE. Less than ten left now...
Also just out recently was our 2nd edition of "Austria Revenues" (17 years since the last edition!). 180 pages, substantially larger than previously, many additions in the Municipals section, and many price changes throughout. To view details and purchase, please CLICK HERE.
And another! SCANDINAVIA REVENUES (Barefoot publication) New 3rd edition of the standard revenue catalogue of all the Nordic countries, just out (November 2019), usual A4 3-column Barefoot style, in colour, priced listing. Considerably reworked and expanded since the last edition of 1988, new sections include Iceland Tollurs, Sweden Charta Sigillata and stamped paper, and much expanded listing of Sweden Municipals. 98 pages. To view details and purchase, please CLICK HERE.
Hot off the press, just landed, the new Kiwi specialised Revenue catalogue for New Zealand, full colour, 2020 edition, much detail on perforations, watermarks, papers etc, and includes a listing of railway stamps too. Only two currently left in stock, to view details and purchase, please CLICK HERE.
For those who love obscure countries : THE REVENUE STAMPS OF AFGHANISTAN by Robert Jack, new 2nd edition, much expanded, now with pricing, published November 2019 and in stock with us. To view details and purchase, please CLICK HERE.
A new COLLECTIONS list is being prepared. To receive this latest list, just send us a quick email with your name and postal address. To view IN FULL a sample recent list (April 2017) please CLICK HERE.
Breaking up a library of philatelic handbook, mainly Europe and Foreign, some recent, some older, hard-to-find 2nd hand. See "Philatelic Literature - for sale".
More "back of book" stamps stock are being added this month. Keep an eye on the REVENUE STAMPS - FOR SALE and LOCALS STAMPS - FOR SALE sections as more lots have been added this month. Available so far : 600+ items of GB and Commonwealth, Europe and Overseas.
New additions to our "Revenue Stamps - Information" pages (provisional catalogue listings) include :
- Algeria (French) - updated, June 2017
- Algeria (Independent) - new listing, June 2017
- Cayman Islands - radically rewritten June 2017
- Cameroun - yet more finds of modern issues, updated June 2018
- Chad - new listing, June 2018
- Comoro Islands - updated January 2018
- Dahomey (French) - new listing, January 2018
- Ethiopia - new listing, June 2018
- Fiume - updated listing, September 2018
- French Congo - new listing, August 2017
- French Guiana - updated listing, September 2017
- Guadeloupe - new listing, September 2017
- Guinea (Italian Consular) - new listing, June 2017
- Italy 1947 Ricostruzione - new listing August 2018
- Macau - new listing, February 2018
- Madagascar - updated June 2017
- Morocco (independent) - new listing August 2018
- Polynesia - new listing, September 2017
- Russia Philatelic Tax - new listing, May 2018
- San Marino - updated, September 2017
- Switzerland Tourism Tax - new listing by Clayton Wallace, compiled October 2016, uploaded September 2017
- Tunisia - updated listing, September 2017
- Ubangi-Shari-Chad - new listing, August 2017
- More French Colonies listings shortly.
Our sister site, devoted entirely to the stamps and postal history of GERMANY, has more updates this month too.
and some book news.....
- "POLAND REVENUES" 2nd edition in full colour is available. (see the page "Philatelic Literature / Poland")
SHOPPING TROLLEY - HOW IT WORKS
STEP 1 : When you see full details of the item you selected, and if you wish to buy it, just click on "ADD TO BASKET" for this item, this will add it to the shopping trolley.
You can repeat the process to add several items to the trolley.
STEP 2 : To review your total purchase after the last item selected, click on "CHECKOUT". You can cancel any item selected in error by reducing the quantity ordered from "1" to "0".
STEP 3 :
If you live in the UK, leave postage as the default:
-> UK 1st class (or Fedex if over 2 kilos)
If you live outside the UK, chose one of two options :
-> Europe (airmail)
-> Overseas (airmail)
and the website will then calculate the appropriate postage on your order.
STEP 4 : To go ahead with the purchase, click on "PROCEED", give your name and address details for delivery, and then card details for payment. At this stage, you are now on a secure payment link run by our bank, even we do not see your card details.
STEP 5 : Happy with everything? Then finally click "CONFIRM". Your card is ONLY charged once you have completed this step.
The items are then reserved immediately, and will be mailed quickly (usually same day or next day).
If you are ordering several books, it is usually cheaper in postage to put them together in one order, rather than pay for each book and postage separately.
Of course you can also order by phone, and discuss any details of your order.
We accept virtually all credit cards beginning with "4" or "5", but regret our site does not accept Paypal (because our bank takes credit cards but not Paypal, and your payment goes direct to the bank secure reception, without us seeing your card details).
For any queries, email me, or phone 01904 400648.